Girne American University (GAU) was formed by the American Educational Consortium in 1985. The university offers higher education in the American system in a variety of specialties. GAU campuses are located in the USA, Great Britain, Singapore, Turkey, China, Moldova, Sri Lanka. The central apparatus is in Kyrenia.
At the university you can get a bachelor’s, master’s and post-graduate degrees, as well as learn a language in a summer school. GAU also provides an opportunity for exchange training in other international universities.
GAU is accredited and recognized by:
– International Assembly of Business Education USA (IACBE)
– The European Council of the Business Union (ECBE)
– National Accreditation and Information Center of Great Britain (NARIC).
GAU is a part of:
– International Association of Universities (IAU)
– European Federation for the Development of Management (EFMD),
– Federation of Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW),
– Council for the Accreditation of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP),
– Management of business schools in Europe (Eurhodip),
– European Council of International Schools (ECIS),
– Council of International Schools (CIS),
– The European Council for Business Education (ECBE),
– European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE),
– Association of International Professional Education and Training (IVETA) of UNESCO.
The GAU infrastructure is well developed and gives students the opportunity to feel comfortable during their education. The well-tended landscape of the campus is filled with numerous flowers and fountains. The University provides three dormitories, free buses. On the territory of GAU there are tennis courts, volleyball, basketball and football fields, swimming pool, shops, cafes. Studying is conducted in modern classrooms.